There are many antivirus available on Internet. Free antivirus does not many feature, also not so accurate while scanning system for virus. So the question is How to test your antivirus efficiency?
The Virus Source Code is for information purposes only, for researchers and computer virus or programming enthusiasts. No warranty is given or to be implied for any software listings contained herein. You take full responsibility for any damages caused by compiling, running, or sharing this information.
Be aware that running any malicious code on another’s computer or computer network might be a criminal act.
Use at your own risk!
How to test an antivirus efficiency?
* Open the Notepad program.
* Type this code like below into the Notepad file. (Copy and Paste it)
* Save the Notepad file as virus.com . To comfortably find the virus.com, I suggest placing it in the Desktop.
* Run the virus.com file to test your computer efficiency.
If there are not any responses from the AntiVirus software, I suggest changing your AntiVirus immediately because it does not work anymore.
* Enjoy testing it and note that this virus.com cannot affect or damage any parts of your computer.
What happens actually.
The EICAR test file which you create is a 16bit application which can’t be run inside a 64 or 32 bit version of windows OS. Thus will be treated as virus as most of the viruses are based on this 16 bit application format.